One of the hottest home decor items these days is photo canvas. A photo canvas is where you turn your favorite photo into an instant work of art by having your photos mounted onto a piece of canvas. Many photo centers like Walgreens and Walmart or online companies such as Snapfish offer this service. The prices range from $25 and up depending on the size of your canvas. However, did you know that you can do it yourself for a fraction of the cost?
Today, I want to show you an easy, simple way to make your very own photo canvas. Using some very basic supplies listed below you can make one in an afternoon to give away as great gift. All you need is:
– Close to My Heart 6″ x 6″ My Creations Canvas Display (Z1818)
– Mod Podge (Matte)
– white tissue paper
– a piece of basic card stock
– spray adhesive
1. You will start with a blank canvas
2. Set up your photo using a photo editing software of Word on your computer. At this time you can add words onto the photo if you like.
3. Lightly spray your card stock with a spray adhesive
4. Apply a piece of white tissue paper a little larger than your photo onto the card stock.
5. Print picture onto the tissue paper/card stock.
6. After photo dries for a few minutes, carefully peal away the tissue paper from the card stock.
7. Apply a coat or two of Mod Podge onto the blank canvas.
8. Carefully place the photo onto the canvas and starting in the middle of the photo, smooth out the wrinkles.
8. After it dries, apply whatever type of embellishment you desire and enjoy.
It is so easy and fun that you will want to make several. You can purchase the Close to My Heart canvas (product # Z1818) directly from me at http://kayrochestamping.ctmh.com
And as always, “Happy Crafting!”
Hey guys, taking a break from the craft world just for today to let you know about a great site I was recently introduced to – http://curlbox.com/
I have been on a natural hair care journey for about 4 years now and I have so many people asking me what do you use on your hair. Well, I use different products based on the look I am trying to achieve. However, I love trying new things to keep my tresses happy, healthy, and feeling good.
So today, I am just sharing the knowledge about a site where you can learn about new products, get samples and great hair care products before you commit to buying them in the store. I was supposed to post this video last month. However, the month got away from me. Check out the video to learn about it.