During Christmas, most crafters incorporate lots of gold into their handmade creations. It is usually the color of the season. Whether it’s bows, ornaments or wrapping paper, it is seen everywhere. Well, the holiday season is now over. The glittery ornaments are now tucked away resting till next Christmas. The trees are a distant memory and we are waiting for the warm days of spring ahead. So why am I still seeing gold?
If you see what I see, you will notice that gold is on trend right now in the craft world. Scrapbooks, cards, stationery, and craft spaces are all being blinged out with bold gold. This rich, shiny color is breathing a freshness into our land of handmade goodness.
My top six gold crafting products are:
1. Heidi Swapp Minc foil applicator – This little beauty will allow you to add customized gold prints to paper snd stationery. It premiered at the CHA Mega show this month and will be available to purchase soon. I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these. Check out the details at http://www.heidiswapp.com/minc/
2. Anna Griffin cuttlebug- I know the cuttlebug die cutting/embossing machine has been out for a while, but the exclusive Anna Griffin cuttlebug by Provocraft is so darn cute. You will want to update yours if you have a previous version. http://www.hsn.com
3. Cricut’s heat transfer and vinyl in gold by Provocraft – With the use of your Cricut Expression or Explore, you can bling out all kinds of things (clothes, walls, glass and more). It is limitless what you can do with these items. http://us.cricut.com
4. Teresa Collins Studio Gold scissors by Fiskars – These dazzling scissors will have you cutting up a wide variety of mixed media. You will feel so sophisticated and chic using them at your next crop or crafting event. You can find these at your local Joann’s craft store or online. http://www.joann.com
5. Teresa Collins Studio Gold three ring album from We R Memory keepers – This shiny little album will compliment any craft space. It will also be a delight to anyone receiving it as a gift filled with their precious memories. There are several to choose from at http://www.scrapbook.com
6. Xyron 1.5″ sticker maker – Go for the gold with this updated adhesive sticker maker. You can make stickers out of paper, cork, metal, ribbon, chipboard, fabric, and more. This exclusive baby is bundled with the refills and sold at HSN.com. http://www.hsn.com
So bring on the glitz and glamour this new year with these products. You will leave a little sparkle in every project you complete.
Thanks for following me on my crafty adventures.
Kayroche – helping you arrive at your crafty destination.